Allan Jenkins' Cyanotypes

From: Randall Webb (randall.webb@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 00:16:47 /etc/localtime

Hello. I have just joined the list and was interested to see mention of my friend Allan Jenkins and his cyanotypes. His method of toning them is quite original as he dips them in cold tea.
If they are printed on white paper the tea stains it to a rich cream colour and the somewhat unpleasant characteristic Prussian blue colour is changed to darker richer blue.
Martin Reed of Silverprint and I were so impressed with his work that we used one of his images in our newly published textbook on old processes which is entitled Spirits of Salts.
-Randall Webb