DMax

Witho Worms & Jorien van Santen (verzet13@xs4all.nl)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:59:55 +0200

Good afternoon from Holland,

Thanks to all who responded on my question about DMax. I'm aware of the
fact that a maxDmax doesn't make a beautifull print, and a beautifull print
doesn't make a good photo and etc. It makes comparison possible though,
without having to see the work of others(there is an ocean between us). How
deep are your blacks was my question. What is your tonal range ? Can you
see a difference between 1.40, 1.60 and 1.80 ?
My curiosity was indeed triggered by a meeting with Carl Fransman.

Next question

After making some pure platinum prints developped in glycerine and oxalate
I had serious difficulty in washing out the chemical residue. A DOP print,
half platinum/half palladium washed completely clean in the same time. I
used EDTA with sodiumsulfite (10 grm/5grm per liter), 3 baths for at least
10 minutes each.

Witho.