Re: With all the talk from the listminders

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:38:12 -0700

At 09:33 PM 7/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Because on most lists that is all it takes, unfortunately the owner of this
>list makes it difficult.

  Pardon me, it is NOT difficult. There are two addresses, one for posting
messages to the list and one for sending commands to the machine. Many
mailing lists use software like this to avoid having machine commands
retransmitted to everyone.
  Anyone who is a member of a mailing list should keep the message sent to
them when subscribing with the addresses and commands in it for
un-subscribing. Keep both addresses in your address book with a note as to
which is which.
  Eudora has a place in its address book for remarks which can include a
note of the commands needed.
  List members need to take a little responsibility.
----
Richard Knoppow