Re: Brush vs Rod

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Sun, 23 May 1999 07:11:31 -0400

Patrick,

Paper makes a big difference at large sizes. I have been unable to
routinely coat well on Cranes "platinotype" at 12x20 using a rod--though
I've been told by Crane that a heavier version of the paper at 110#
instead of 90# is available and I plan to test it. However I've gotten
perfect and consistent results rod coating the big sheets on Arches
Platine, which is a denser and heavier paper, and on Rising Bristol
2-ply, which is a much stiffer sheet. --- Carl