Re: Hot Pressed Paper

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:06:08 -0400 (EDT)

What was perhaps understood, but not explicitly stated in discussing the
changes to hotpress paper after soaking, is that hot press has been
rollered with, yes, HEAT in the making which flattens the texture from the
whatyoucall'ms. It's the same paper as the cold press which is NOT
rollered with heat, and is therefore more textured, and, I would assume,
changes less in water. (I don't know from experience because I never met a
coldpress paper I liked.)

There are smooth papers which are NOT hot pressed and therefore (in my
experience) change less in water. One of my favorites is Mangnani Pescia.

Judy