Re: First Platnium/Palladium Print

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 07:47:33 -0400

Just noticed, Bill, you say you've got FP4 ready to go. This film also
readily gives enough contrast for Pt, but needs a ton of exposure to
give adequate shadow detail. In my tests I needed to rate it no higher
than ei 32 to get adequate shadow separation, and found that exact
development time needed to be matched to subject value ranges (Zone
system or equivalent) because of a rather hair-trigger reaction to
development changes. It will work, but TXT is a lot easier to use. FP4+
becomes *much* more tractible with PMK pyro development, btw.---Carl