Re: WARNING VIRUS - read this

Griffin Moss (terryroth@earthlink.net)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:44:08 -0800

Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:

> List members, Gordon,
>
> A message sent from Alan Bradford (1:42 AM March 29, 1999) contains the
> Melissa virus. For information on this virus goto http://www.nai.com/
>
> It is important to NOT open the attachment or the virus will be
> transferred.
>
> Alan, please make sure to clean you system as this virus will continue
> to be E-mailed out.
>
> Again, the best virus protection and onformation can be obtained from
> http://www.nai.com/
>
> --
> Jeffrey D. Mathias
> http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/

Jeffrey is right--this is not a hoax. I hosed my network PC this past
Saturday (A DELL Optiplex running Windows NT Client software), I did a
rahther odd combination of uninstalling my print driver after reading
this message, then opening WORD 97, then reinstalling print drivers, and
booting in the middle of the operation. Now the thing fails during
boot, am having our networks cats reconfigure it. do NOT open the
message or try to open the enclosure, delete it!!