potassium ferric oxalate and zia

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:18:44 -0500

hello
I made my first test with potassium ferric oxalate.(I'm waiting for the
other salt for doing other test)
these are the 3 first test I made.

a Pd pyro negative
>>>4 drops Lipd 4 drops Potasssium ferric oxalate PFO
Rh 55%, paper Arches Platine, humification before coating, no humification
after coating, 22° C, rod coating, drying time 10 min in cold air.
exposure time=24min, 2 longer than with ammonium ferric oxalate.
21 step tablet. from 3 to 13 so 10 steps .
contrast: that's a real contrast booster , it look like a adding a drop of
20% bichro in an 8*10solution.
color: good D-max , a pure black and warmgray and highligth.
the same neg
Rh 55%, paper Arches Platine, humification before coating, no humification
after coating, 22° C, rod coating, drying time 10 min in cold air.
exposure time= 16 min
21 step tablet. from 3 to 17, 14 steps
contrast:a little increasing as I have 2 more step with only AFO. a really
nice print
color: good Dmax a little warm

4 drops Lipd 3 drops PFO 1 drops AFO
Rh 55%, paper Arches Platine, humification before coating, no humification
after coating, 22° C, rod coating, drying time 10 min in cold air.
exposure time= 10 min
21step tablet. visible from 0 to 11, 11 steps
contrast: again, that's a real contrast booster , a good contrast for this
low contrast neg, nice print!!!!
color: pure black a little warm.

 it react as a printing out system, it's auto masking( truely keep this
property) , you can print longer without loosing detail in the black part
and define your white.
As these are my first test, I would make it again to be sure of the result.
But I find that it could be a good alternative for people who have grainy
problem with bichro. And it's easy to do for people using platinum as you
have the chemicals products (ferric oxalate and potassium oxalate).

regards
Nze christian (France)