Re: Contrast control for reversal

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 12:51:14 -0300

Hi Dave,

> My working method (when falshing is needed) is actually flash to the maximum
> (the maximum time that can be exposed without introducing fog). That will give
> longest separation possible, and then just use exposure bracketing to
> determine which exposure gives the desired separation.

Could you explain it better?You first determine the maximum flash the film can
take before reaching 0,10 density in the positive, than test trip to determine
exposure with that flash, is that it?
If it is, you than determine the dmax by choosing an appropriate X factor?
If it is, it's interesting. I was once reading one of Capablanca's book of chess
and he stated that to learn it one should start studding the game by its different
ends and not by its different apertures. You should choose an aperture that will
lead you to the point you play the best end!

Joao