Re: A modest proposal -- the imp. signature

C. Michael McKinney, MFA (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:00:11 -0600

Richard,
Johnathan Swift would be proud of such a modest proposal. I for one, agree
with you and will begin putting that practice into effect immediately. If
we make a print for someone else, we should include our sig and imp. on the
right side by deafault. Hmm, does this smack unionizing, solidarity, etc.
or what?

TTFN

Michael

At 10:01 AM 2/22/99 -0700, Richard Sullivan wrote:

>I think that in the alt-photo field there out to be some recognition of the
>person making the print.
> I think that if the print were made by the artist it
>should be signed on the left with the full name and on the right with the
>artist's initials followed by imp. This would eliminate the garish
duplication
>of two full signatures. If the print were made by another printmaker, then
the
>artist name would be signed on the left and the full name of the
printmaker and
>the imp. on the right.

>--Dick Sullivan

C. Michael McKinney, MFA