Re: Enlarged Lith/Ortho negatives

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:32:54 -0800

Later in the thread Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:
>As mentioned we did not have trouble with pinholes at school, nor have I
>at home... It's possible that the difference is the very dilute developer,
>which slows down the action as per Sil's explanation.

In my limited experience with APHS I found it (as typical for "lith" films)
very static sensitive. I would suspect dust, not stop bath, as the
problem. I've never seen a sheet from my work or my student's that didn't
look like dust spots! I have not used it with PMK.

Look at the "pinholes" with a strong loupe. If they are basicaly all
round, then you may have stop bath or developer related pinholes. I
suspect that you will find they are odd shaped and often "strands". That
would indicate dust settling on the film before exposure and blocking the
light from hitting the film. Normal in camera film is much less static
prone, and thus has much less dust spot problems in the darkroom. Good
luck, hope this helps.

Tom