re:Dichromate

Wayde Allen (allen@boulder.nist.gov)
Fri, 03 Apr 1998 08:49:41 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Paul Simon wrote:

> Potassium Dichromate, in or out of solution, is indefinitely stable.

Yes, but when you start dipping pigmented gelatin paper in it is no longer
a pure solution.

> It is sold by Bureau of Standards in solution as a primary reference
> titration standard.

The National Bureau of Standards has not gone by this name since 1989 (At
least I think that is the correct year). Our name was changed to the
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Our mission was
also changed to include Technology Transfer. You can check out our web
site at http://www.nist.gov if interested. They probably do still sell
the SRM you mention, but that isn't my area. I one of the two engineers
working on the primary RF power standards.

- Wayde
(wallen@boulder.nist.gov)