Re: Sturges under attack again!

Valburg (lkv1@psu.edu)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:23:03 -0500

To the list,

My server seems to have swallowed whole the original post on this topic, so
I have not seen it. Could someone e-mail me a copy? This topic is of
great interest to me, as I have a close friend who works in a similar vein,
who has been the subject of similar legal attention, first in criminal
court (no charges filed despite nearly two years of seized negs, prints,
computers: the computers were returned, prints and negs were not) and
currently in civil court (plaintiffs were given, by the local DA's office,
copies of materials seized from but never returned to my friend!).

Many thanks,

Mitch Valburg

At 09:40 AM 2/23/98 -0700, Dick Sullivan wrote:
>I do not wish to engage in a debate, but am being forced into it. It is sad
>that we have to debate this issue at all. Several points:
>
>First the letter is asking for "Professional Artistic" opinions, those with
>resumes with some clout. I only assumed that those with serious
>qualifications would have made some opinion by now, and would not need
>debate. If one is not aware of the issues at hand, and has not made an
>opinion by now, they surely don't fall into the category of "serious
>professional opinion" that Sturges legal defense team is looking for.

(snip)