Re: Platinum printing questions

dkern@juno.com
Sun, 07 Dec 1997 18:31:19 -0600

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997 16:03:15 -0500 TERRY KING
<KINGNAPOLEONPHOTO@compuserve.com> writes:

>Get a step wedge from Stouffer. They are cheap and will save you a lot
>of time and money.
>
>Terry

I have a Stouffer wedge. It is part #T2115 and is numbered and
uncalibrated. Does anyone one the applicable range for platinum printing?

>Use the hair dyer to ensure that the solution does not, repeat not, sink
>into the paper. Your method will lead to grainy and degraded results.

The information I received with my platinum kit stresses that the
solution sink into the paper for 10 minutes. Is this a subjective
preference? What will the soaking, or non-soaking, accomplish?

I'm finding questions on platinum printing technique generates a lot of
passionate and varied responses. I thank you all for your advice and I
hope you don't mind that I pick your brains as I learn this process.

David
dkern@juno.com