Re: "Reply problem"

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 07:41 +0000

> Hi all:
>
> The solution to the reply problem is to FORWARD a message back to the
> list, rather than replying.

> Gord

I suspect that all of us just need to take a good look at what our software is
doing, and will find we have to use it in different ways. It certainly doesn't
work here if I 'forward' as you suggest - the message will only go to one
person.

If I use the reply function I get the following on the 'To:' line:

cix:holtslander@sask.usask.ca;cix:alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca

Which I hope will send it to both you personally and also to the list. I'd
prefer not to send the personal one as well (as it annoys me slightly to
receive these) but I think I can only avoid this by manual deletion - and I'm
not likely to remember this too often.

At the moment the mail rules filter I have only catches about half of the
messages and puts them in the correct folder, so I've some more playing around
to do with that also.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/