[alt-photo] Re: to shrink or not to shrink (registration)

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 22 17:27:37 GMT 2010

Thanks, Paul.  Yes, it would be tempting to leave that image as is--
(or, yikes, put that PVA on for the 3rd layer.)   I do like that
palette you've used.  Really nicely done.

Now I'm going to go and try a print on some Rives I have here, sans
pre-shrinking and sizing.  I'll let you know if it turns out to be a
total disaster.  I'm still adding drops of grain alcohol to my mix,
for ease in coating (a little tip learned in Kerik's workshop)-- or
maybe that was also to reduce those little sparkles with gelatin
sizing?  But that also seems to make things brush on very smoothly,
plus I like the smell of it.  I have a whole bottle of it here, so I
have to use it somehow. ;)

Diana