U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Blacklight lamps

Re: Blacklight lamps

Hi Loris,

I don't know a reason for using BLB lamps but it was a message for people who use them..
It is a pity but Philips don't produce super actinic /05 lamps since more than a year.
Philips TL-D BLB 18 W has a peak at 355 nm.in a range from 340 -380 nm.
Philips super actinic /05 has a peak at 365 nm. in a range from 310 - 480 nm.So nearly half of its power is in the visible light range.
But Philips gives you (and others) a replacement (Kees Brandenburg gave me that tip) :
The actinic BL TL 20W/10 SLV lamp has a peak at 370 nm. in a range from 350 -400 nm.
You can also use the Philips CLEO performance (used in a solarium) 40W. peak at 350 nm.in a range from 310 - 410 nm.
Hope it will help you to make the right decision in the future.
Kind regards,

Erich

Loris Medici schreef:
Hi Erich, why using BLB lamps instead of BL? AFAIK, BL lamps (Philips
/05 series) are faster/more efficient for our uses.

Thanks for the notice BTW!