U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: questions on paper

Re: questions on paper

Another ballpark suggestion - in case of you were asking for pinholin' purposes:

Use paper speed / 100 as film ISO speed. For instance, if the paper speed = P300 then use 300 / 100 = ISO 3 for exposing the paper in-camera. BTW, use multigrade papers and place a 0 or 00 grade yellow paper filter at the back of the pinhole - you'll get much much better gradations and more detail in the negative, at the expense of loosing speed - since the filter will cut some light. Calculate the filter factor by taking readings with and without placing the filter in front of the sensor of an exposure meter and comparing the EV values. Probably you'll go below ISO 1 with the added filter factor - I know it sounds horrible but it's worth the trouble.

Quoting ryberg <cryberg@comcast.net>:

I have a pretty vague memory that you should start with ISO 6 if you
are using B&W enlarging paper in a pinhole camera.
Charles    Portland, OR